When my husband and I got married and opted for a civil wedding, it’s not about the money but meeting halfway – it is totally a different and long story. In most cases however, when a couple decides to go for a civil wedding, it has something to do with the budget. With that being said, how much does a quick and simple civil wedding cost?
Dear judge, here’s our witnesses, marry us now and make it quick!
This is where you and your spouse-to-be go to the courthouse or the mayor’s office together with a few witnesses (at least two of your closest friends who are of legal age or your parents/guardian if both of you are below 18) and say, “I do”. Plain and simple. If you fall under this category, a budget of PHP5,000 – PHP7,000 should already be enough to get married. That is given that you only have two-four witnesses. Here’s a list of what your PHP5,000 – PHP7,000 can cover up:
- Marriage License Application Fee – When we secured our marriage license in 2011, we only spent around PHP200 – PHP250 max as far as I can remember. Make sure to check the City’s Official Website fees as it may vary per city. Allotting PHP500 for this step is the safe way to go.
- Officiating Officer Fee – This could range from PHP500-PHP2500 max depending on who will solemnize your union. You can choose from a mayor, judge or a registered solemnizing officer. Their fees may vary due to several factors like the date that you’ve chosen for your wedding. Some judges and mayors normally don’t officiate civil wedding on weekends.
- Wardrobe – Ladies can always go for those white/light-pink/peach dresses – those type that you wear to a Sunday Mass, just one notch prettier. While the gents can go for the smart casual attire.
- Lunch, Dinner, whatever! – Simply put as, you need to treat yourselves to some food after the event. Wherever you want to eat, you definitely could already tell how much budget is needed for four-seven people, couldn’t you?
- Media Coverage – This part is totally optional but is definitely worth it! I mean what better way to look back on your wedding day than watching your photos and video? Nowadays, you’ll find independent videographers and photographers who would cover events like debut, anniversaries and weddings for free just to build their portfolios. In fact, if you have friends who love to take good photos and can do decent video coverage with some smart editing, then you wouldn’t have to spend a single penny on this one.Let’s just say, you didn’t happen to find anyone who can do this for free. There are still a lot of suppliers who can offer you their services for such a reasonable price. Some can even customize their service to adjust to your budget (wink). Again, this one is totally optional.
Source by Jesse T. Garfin